A few months ago I wrote an article about what I’m doing to help keep my son’s brain healthy, despite the risks associated with football. This led to an opportunity sit down and discuss the topic with Leslie Rangel of KWKT. Unfortunately time did not permit Ms. Rangel to include details, but research in animals suggests that the protocol I am using is beneficial. Though the evidence is far from definitive, it is certainly promising. Because acupuncture, nutritional supplements, and herbal medicines are very low risk (and have the potential to be high-reward), as a parent and as a professional I am not going to wait for scientific certainty before I act. In the video below I discuss a couple of studies regarding acupuncture for concussions, as well as the experience of helping my son Sam recover from a recent concussion.
- Kristen featured in May 2018 issue of the Wacoan magazine
- Kristen featured on KWKT talking about Chinese medicine for CTE
- Protected: How to do a medicinal foot soak
- What this football mom is doing to protect her son’s brain
- Christian healthcare sharing ministries — an alternative to insurance?
- It’s cold and I’m sick and jook is the answer