We offer a six-session package for patients seeking support in overcoming addiction(s), most commonly to smoking, vaping, or snuff. The cost is $390, payable at the first appointment. A few important notes if you are considering this treatment:
- Acupuncture is not a stand-alone treatment for any type of addiction. It will not create the desire to quit, nor will it completely eliminate cravings.
- You will only succeed if you are committed to quitting and acupuncture is used as part of a comprehensive lifestyle change. The desire to quit needs to be yours, not a loved one’s.
- It is your responsibility to schedule appointments frequently enough to effectively manage the stress and physical discomfort that goes along with quitting; for most patients this is 2-3 times per week. It is false economy to schedule your sessions too far apart and then fail in your attempt to quit because you are stressed out and overwhelmed by your withdrawal symptoms.
- Treatments are limited to the National Acupuncture Detox Association’s five needle protocol (ear acupuncture). If you are seeking treatment for other health conditions, you will need to schedule additional sessions at regular rates.
- If you have chronic pain, sleep problems, mood issues (depression and/or anxiety), or another condition that is significantly impacting your wellbeing and/or is creating stress in your life, you are more likely to have success in quitting if you receive a series of acupuncture treatments targeted to those conditions before you attempt to quit.
- The package covers up to six acupuncture sessions.
- If sessions are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice they will be forfeited. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or don’t show up for two sessions, your remaining sessions will be forfeited.
- All sessions must be used within six months of the first appointment.
- Please allow 45-60 minutes for each session.