SET UP PORTAL ACCESS
To set up first-time portal access, click ACCESS OUR PATIENT PORTAL above and type your email address in the field provided (note that you must use the same email address that you have on file with the clinic) and then click “RESET PASSWORD” (leave the password field blank).
In a few moments you will receive an email with a link you can follow to set your password. If you do not receive this email within a few minutes, please check your junk/spam folder.
On the portal home screen/dashboard, please click on the buttons to complete your demographic details and and past clinical history, as well as any required forms. The home screen is also where you will find optional forms, such as those required for us discuss your treatment with a family member or release records to another provider.
PATIENT PORTAL MESSAGING
Our system allows us to exchange messages with you securely. We strongly prefer that you use this system, as opposed to email, to communicate with us. The portal messaging system is secure, HIPAA compliant, and allows our correspondence with you to be appended to your medical record.
Once you have logged into the patient portal, navigate to “MESSAGES” in the menu on the left side of the page. From there you will be able to choose a recipient of your message. Please direct messages regarding scheduling, prescription refills, and financial and/or administrative matters to Melissa Vincelette. Please direct messages regarding your treatment to Kristen Horner Warren.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING PORTAL MESSAGING
- If you have a medical emergency, please dial 911.
- Your portal message may not be read immediately and will only be opened during business hours.
- If you need immediate attention during business hours, please call 254-741-6030.
- Allow 48 business hours for a reply.
- The portal messaging system is intended for communication between scheduled appointments about simple matters that are directly related to the treatment plan and recommendations laid out for you by Kristen.
- The portal messaging system is intended for the use of active patients who have been seen in the office within the previous six months.
- Appropriate uses of the portal messaging system include reporting changes or side effects, seeking clarification regarding instructions, providing updates (such as test results from other providers), seeking additional information about treatment modalities, herbs, or supplements that are part of the treatment plan, etc.
- Portal messaging is not a substitute for in-office care. If it has been more than six months since you were last seen in the office; if you have frequent, numerous, or complex question(s); and/or if your inquiry goes beyond the scope of your existing treatment plan, you will be asked to schedule an in-person visit or a virtual consultation (subject to our usual fees) to address your needs.
In this section, you will find treatment plans from your past appointments. This is where you will find details related to dosage of herbs and/or supplements, dietary recommendations, recommended treatment frequency, etc.
In this section, you will find receipts from past appointments and purchases. These receipts include procedure codes and our NPI and EIN and all the information needed for tax purposes and/or to document your use of HSA funds. If it is your intention to use superbills to seek reimbursement from your insurance company, however, please let us know so that we can add the necessary diagnosis codes.
DOCUMENTS & HANDOUTS
In this section, you can upload documents that you’d like added to your chart, such as laboratory, pathology, or imaging reports from other providers. You will also find any handouts shared with you by Kristen in this area.